Arizona Diamondbacks (94-84) vs Texas Rangers (102-76)
2023-11-01 20:03:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks -115 / Texas Rangers -103 --- Over/Under: 8.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks clash Wednesday in game 5 of the MLB World Series at Chase Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Texas Rangers Betting Preview
The Texas Rangers look to win their first World Series title with a victory here. The Rangers’ offense exploded in their game 4 victory, taking a 10-0 lead and taking a 3-1 series lead with an 11-7 victory. The Rangers were one of the best offensive teams in baseball all season, and they’ve now scored 6 or more runs in 4 of their last 6 games overall. The Rangers are downright scary when they get in these sorts of grooves. Adolis Garcia leads the Rangers with 20 hits and 22 RBI, while Corey Seager and Josh Jung have combined for 38 hits and 20 RBI. Nathan Eovaldi gets the ball, and he was 12-5 with a 3.63 ERA and 132 strikeouts this season. Eovaldi is 8-3 with a 3.30 ERA and 77 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Texas Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won each of their last 10 road games.
- The Rangers have covered the run line each of their last 12 road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Rangers’ last eight road games against National League opponents.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in each of their last 10 road playoff games.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last 10 road games against opponents that held a winning record.
Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Preview
The Arizona Diamondbacks need a win here to save their season and force a game 6 on Friday. The Diamondbacks pitching staff set them up for failure in game 4, but the offense showed fight late and that could create some carry over for this contest. Remember, many thought the Diamondbacks were dead down 2-3 in the series against the Phillies. The Diamondbacks have been a feisty team all year, and I don’t expect the fight to stop now. Ketel Marte leads the Diamondbacks with 24 hits and 11 RBI, while Corbin Carroll and Lourdes Gurriel have combined for 34 hits and 21 RBI. Zac Gallen gets the ball, and he was 17-9 with a 3.47 ERA and 220 strikeouts this season. Gallen is 2-2 with a 5.27 ERA and 18 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Arizona Diamondbacks Team Facts
- The Diamondbacks have won seven of their last eight games as underdogs against the Rangers following a loss.
- The road team has covered the run line in each of the Diamondbacks’ last seven games.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last seven home games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three home games.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the last seven night games between the Rangers and Diamondbacks at Chase Field.
The Texas Rangers’ offense is scary at the moment and not something I’m eager to jump in front of, as we’ve seen this momentum last pretty much all year. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Rangers crush their way to one last victory. However, the Diamondbacks have overcome the odds all year, and they have this never die attitude. The Diamondbacks showed fight in game 4 that could help them in this game as well. Zac Gallen has also been a CY Young candidate for much of the season, so getting him and a cheap price at home has some value. I’m just not ready to count out the Diamondbacks just yet, even though Tuesday was ugly. Give me the home team to force a game 6.