Cleveland Guardians (54-56) vs Chicago White Sox (43-68)
2023-08-06 12:05:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Cleveland Guardians -156 / Chicago White Sox +125 --- Over/Under: 9
(Get latest betting odds)
The Chicago White Sox and the Cleveland Guardians meet Sunday in MLB action from Progressive Field. This will be the finale in a three-game series over the weekend. The Guardians took a two-run win in the opener, then on Saturday Chicago evened things up with a three-run victory. Check back all season long for free MLB picks at Sports Chat Place.
Chicago White Sox
The Sox had the game tied early Friday but couldn’t score after the third in a 4-2 loss. Andrew Benintendi posted an RBI in the losing effort, as did Elvis Andrus. In Saturday’s game two Chicago posted 12 hits on the way to a 7-4 win. Luis Robert, Andrew Vaughn, Oscar Colas and Elvis Andrus each posted a home run in the wild victory.
In the starter role for the White Sox on Sunday it’ll be Jesse Scholtens. Over 17 games (three starts) this year Scholtens is 1-4 with a 3.07 ERA and 29 Ks in 44.0 innings. Scholtens is 0-2 with a 3.24 ERA in his last seven starts, giving up six earned in 16.2 innings total.
Chicago White Sox Team Facts
- The White Sox have lost seven of their last eight road games.
- The White Sox have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine games against the Guardians following a road win.
- The White Sox have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in each of their last seven road day games.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the White Sox’s last eight day games against AL Central opponents.
Chicago White Sox Player Prop Facts
- Andrew Benintendi has recorded at least one RBI in six of the White Sox’s last seven road games against AL opponents that held a losing record.
- Luis Robert has recorded two or more total bases in each of the White Sox’s last five day games against AL opponents that held a losing record.
- Andrew Vaughn has scored a run in four of his last five road appearances against the Guardians after playing the previous day.
- Luis Robert has hit a home run in eight of his last 21 road appearances after playing the previous day.
- Eloy Jimenez has recorded two hits in four of his last five appearances in day games against teams that held a losing record.
- Luis Robert ranks 4th in the league in Home Runs (30) this season.
Over on the Guardians’ side, they got three hits, two runs, a homer and two RBI from Andres Giminez in the Friday win. Jose Ramirez added an RBI as well. In the Saturday matchup Cleveland was down 5-0 at one points and couldn’t crawl back in it. Will Brennan bagged two RBI and two hits in the loss, while Kole Calhoun added an RBI and a run.
Xzavion Curry will make the start for the Guardians on Sunday. Across 28 games (three starts) Curry is 3-1 with a 2.90 ERA and 41 Ks in 59.0 innings this year. Curry has gone 0-1 with a 1.98 ERA over his last seven outings, posting three earned in 13.2 frames during that time.
Cleveland Guardians Team Facts
- The Guardians have won 10 of their last 11 games at Progressive Field following a loss.
- The Guardians have covered the run line in 11 of their last 12 home games against the White Sox following a loss.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the last eight day games between the White Sox and Guardians.
Cleveland Guardians Player Prop Facts
- Kole Calhoun has recorded at least one hit in each of his last seven appearances with his team as a home favourite against AL Central opponents.
- Jose Ramirez has scored at least one run in each of the Guardians’ last five day games against opponents that held a losing record.
- Jose Ramirez has hit two home runs in each of the Guardians’ last two day games against opponents that held a losing record.
- Jose Ramirez has recorded at least one RBI in each of the Guardians’ last four home games against AL Central opponents.
- Andres Gimenez has recorded two or more total bases in each of the Guardians’ last four home games against the White Sox.
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 1st in the league for strikeouts against this season (769).
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 30th in the league for home runs this season (83).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 30th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.295).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks T29th in the league for walks this season (277).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’m going to stick with the Guardians. It’ll be a fun starter matchup, but I don’t think either guy will be out there for very long given the fact that neither has been stretched very far this year. (Scholtens did go 6.0 innings in his last start, though.) Curry has given up two earned runs in his last 5.2 innings, and Scholtens has three earned over his last 9.0 frames. Both pitchers should keep things manageable initially. On Saturday Cleveland couldn’t get much going at the plate until later in the game and by then it was too late. This finale is going to take a much better effort on the mound but if all goes well Cleveland should be in a solid position to take the win here.