Houston Astros (96-76) vs Texas Rangers (98-75)
2023-10-23 20:03:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Houston Astros -125 / Texas Rangers +106 --- Over/Under: 10
(Get latest betting odds)
The Texas Rangers and Houston Astros clash Monday in game 7 of the ALCS playoffs at Minute Maid Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Texas Rangers Betting Preview
The Texas Rangers will make their first World Series since 2011 with a victory here. The Rangers played probably their most complete game of the series in game 6, as the offense produced 9 runs, and the pitching staff allowed 2 runs on 6 hits with 6 strikeouts. The Rangers are now 7-0 this postseason on the road. The Rangers have also scored 4 or more runs in 8 of their 11 postseason games. Adolis Garcia leads the Rangers with 13 hits and 15 RBI, while Josh Jung and Corey Seager have combined for 24 hits and 13 RBI. Max Scherzer gets the ball, and he was 13-6 with a 3.77 ERA and 174 strikeouts this season. Scherzer is 7-8 with a 3.80 ERA and 168 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Texas Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won each of their last seven games as underdogs.
- The Rangers have covered the run line in each of their last 12 games as road underdogs following a win.
- The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Rangers’ last three games.
- The Rangers have lost the first inning in each of their last three games against AL West opponents.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in each of their last seven playoff games as underdogs.
Houston Astros Betting Preview
The Houston Astros will make their third straight World Series with a victory here. The Astros just couldn’t get going despite scoring the first run of the game, as they struck out 6 times and were 1-8 with RISP in their game 6 loss. The Astros have now lost 4 straight postseason home games and are averaging 2 runs in those contests. The Astros are 1-4 at home this postseason. Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 17 hits and 14 RBI, while Jose Altuve and Jose Abreu have combined for 23 hits and 17 RBI. Cristian Javier gets the ball, and he was 10-5 with a 4.56 ERA and 159 strikeouts this season. Javier is 6-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 60 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Houston Astros Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the last 10 games between the Rangers and Astros.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in each of the last 14 games between the Rangers and Astros.
- The Astros have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last seven Monday playoff games.
- The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Astros’ last three games.
- The Astros have won the first inning in each of their last three games against AL West opponents.
You can make a case for the Rangers and the plus money, as they’re 7-0 on the road this postseason and the Astros have lost 4 straight home games. However, I need more plus money to pull the trigger. Max Scherzer has been hit or miss since joining the Rangers, and he was tagged on Wednesday, allowing 5 hits and 5 runs in 4 innings. Cristian Javier has been money through 43.1 postseason innings, and that includes allowing 2 runs in 10.2 postseason innings this season. The Astros have also been here, done that in terms of postseason stressful situations. Prices are soft on both sides. I have to lean Astros at home with the more trustworthy pitcher at this stage.