Which NBA Players had the Most Rebounds During a Playoff Career?
Photo by Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
A Look at the Top Ten Players for Most Rebounds During a NBA Playoff Career.
Top Ten Players for Most Rebounds During a NBA Postseason Career.
What player leads the NBA in career rebounds?
There have been a lot of great players that have come and went through the National Basketball Association. Some players stood out for a full career, others stood out for one season. Let’s take a look at which players had the most rebounds during a playoff career.
1. Bill Russell is atop the list for most rebounds during a playoff career. Russell totaled 4,104 rebounds during his time in postseason play. For his career, he averaged 22.5 rebounds per contest.
2. Wilt Chamberlain is number 2, after collecting 3,913 rebounds during the playoffs. He saw action in 160 career playoff games. Chamberlain registered 22.9 rebounds per game during his whole career.
3. Tim Duncan is number 3, thanks to a postseason career that saw him pull down 2,859 rebounds. The longtime San Antonio Spurs center totaled 251 games played in the playoffs. Duncan pulled down an average of 10.8 rebounds per contest throughout his whole NBA career.
4. Shaquille O’Neal is 4th on the list, thanks to his 2,508 rebounds he secured during postseason play. The hall of fame member participated in 216 games during the playoffs. O’Neal recorded an average of 10.9 rebounds per game for his NBA career.
5. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar rounds out the top 5, thanks to his 2,481 rebounds during the playoffs. Abdul-Jabbar saw action in 237 postseason games. The 19x all-star averaged 11.2 rebounds per game during his NBA career.
6. LeBron James is 6th on the list, as he is the first active player to make the list. James registered 2,122 rebounds during the playoffs. To this point, James has totaled 239 career games played during the playoffs. He is averaging 7.4 rebounds per contest during his NBA career.
7. Karl Malone is number 7, after securing 2,062 rebounds during his NBA career. Malone participated in 193 career games during his NBA postseason tenure. The 4x all-defensive winner averaged 10.1 rebounds per contest during his time in the NBA.
8. Wes Unseld is 8th on the list, after he brought down 1,777 rebounds during the playoffs. Unseld saw action in 119 postseason games. The hall of fame member recorded 14 rebounds per contest throughout his whole career in the NBA.
9. Robert Parish is number 9, due to his 1,765 rebounds he collected during the postseason. Parish totaled 184 games played during the NBA playoffs. The 9x all-star averaged 9.1 rebounds per game during his entire NBA playing career.
10. Elgin Baylor rounds out the top 10, as Baylor pulled down 1,724 rebounds during the playoffs. Baylor played in 134 games throughout his playoff career. Overall, Baylor totaled 13.5 rebounds on average per contest during his entire NBA career.