NBA Picks

76ers vs Celtics Analysis, Odds 10/18/2022 NBA Prop Bets

Philadelphia 76ers vs Boston Celtics
October 18, 2022 7:35 pm EDT
The Line: 214.5
(Get latest betting odds)

The Philadelphia 76ers (0-0) will face the Boston Celtics (0-0) at TD Garden in Boston tonight. Let’s take a look at the recent stats and NBA Prop Bets for Tuesday’s game. The current line is that the Celtics are favored to win at -145, and marked as 2.5-point favorites, while the 76ers are at +125.

The total points line is set at 214.5, with OVER at -110 and UNDER at -110, meaning the implied expected score for the game is 108-106 Boston.

  • The 76ers (-110) had a 44-49-1 ATS record last season, while the Celtics (-110) held a record of 57-46-3.
  • The 76ers had a 43-49-2 O/U record last season (meaning 43 games went over the total points line, 49 went under and two resulted in a push). The Celtics had a 50-54-2 O/U record last season.

Scoring Insights

  • The 76ers scored 109.9 points per game last season (18th in the league). Comparatively, the Celtics averaged 111.8 (12th).
  • Defensively, the 76ers allowed 107.3 points per game last season (T8th in the league), while the Celtics gave up an average of 104.5 points (1st).

Game Style Analysis

What do the stats tell us about the style of basketball these teams played last season?

Field Goal Split

  • Looking at field goal splits, 37.6% of the 76ers’ field goal attempts came from three point range (27th in the league), leaving 62.4% from two. Meanwhile, the Celtics’ opponents recorded 39.6% of their attempts from three (14th) and 60.4% from two.
  • Comparatively, Boston took 42.5% of shots from three (9th), leaving 57.5% from two, while Philadelphia’s opponents attempted 37.9% from three (6th) and 62.1% from two.

Three Point Shooting

  • In terms of made three-pointers, the 76ers shot 36.4% from deep last season (7th in the NBA), compared to the Celtics who made 35.6% of their attempts (14th).
  • On the opposite end, Philadelphia held opponents to 34.6% of their three-point attempts (9th), while Boston’s opponents hit 33.9% of their shots (1st).

Ball Protection

  • The 76ers committed 11.7 turnovers per game last season, ranking 4th in the league, while the Celtics forced 13.0 turnovers (T14th).
  • Flipping that script, Philadelphia forced 12.5 turnovers (21st), while Boston committed 13.0 (14th).

Crashing the Boards

  • Philadelphia recorded 42.3 rebounds per game last season (29th in the league), including 8.5 offensive boards (30th). Conversely, Boston’s opponents averaged 43.7 rebounds (12th), 10.5 of which came on the offensive end (T19th).
  • Meanwhile, the Celtics averaged 46.1 rebounds (5th) and 10.5 offensive rebounds (11th), while the 76ers allowed 44.2 and 10.2, ranking 17th and T13th.

First Quarter Winner

Here are their first quarter records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog Last 10
  • Philadelphia 49-41-4 26-20-1 23-21-3 35-26-4 14-15-0
  • Boston 61-41-4 28-22-3 33-19-1 46-25-4 15-16-0

First Half Winner

Here are their first half records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog Last 10
  • Philadelphia 54-38-2 27-19-1 27-19-1 40-23-2 14-15-0
  • Boston 64-41-1 30-22-1 34-19-0 48-26-1 16-15-0

HT/FT

  • The 76ers completed the HT/FT double in 44.7% of games last season, while the Celtics completed the HT/FT double in 48.1% of games.

To Go To Overtime

Tuesday’s matchup is +1100 to go to overtime.

  • The 76ers played in five games that went to overtime last season, while the Celtics appeared in seven.

Both Teams 110+

  • Both teams scored 110+ points in 19 of Philadelphia’s 94 games last season. Meanwhile, 21 of Boston’s 106 games saw both squads reach that number.

Last Time These Teams Met

Boston recorded a 135-87 blowout victory against Philadelphia at Wells Fargo Center when these teams last met on February 15, 2022. Jayson Tatum came up big on that day, scoring 28 points and adding 12 rebounds. That result snapped the 76ers’ six-game winning streak against the Celtics at Wells Fargo Center.


Related Articles

Back to top button