Cleveland Cavaliers (8-7) vs Los Angeles Lakers (9-7)
2023-11-25 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Cleveland Cavaliers -4.5 -- Over/Under: 222.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Lakers travel to the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse to battle the Houston Cavaliers on Saturday night. Here’s a Lakers vs Cavaliers Prediction.
Los Angeles Lakers
The Los Angeles Lakers have been in fine form as they’ve won six of their last eight games, but they will be hoping to bounce back here after having their three-game win streak snapped by the Mavericks in a 104-101 loss on Wednesday. LeBron James led the team with 26 points, nine rebounds and seven assists, Austin Reaves added 17 points and six assists off the bench while D’Angelo Russell chipped in with 15 points and five assists. As a team, the Lakers shot 46 percent from the field and 11 of 29 from the 3-point line as they struggled against the defense of the Mavericks and trailed by as many as 20 points in the third quarter, before they dominated the fourth quarter by 30-13 to make it interesting in the final seconds.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have lost seven of their last eight road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Lakers have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games against teams that held a winning record.
- Each of the Lakers’ last five games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Cleveland Cavaliers have been in decent shape as they’ve won five of their last seven games overall, but they will be eager to bounce back here after getting scorched by the Heat in a 129-96 loss on Wednesday. Craig Porter led the team with 16 points and five assists, Darius Garland added 14 points while Evan Mobley chipped in with 13 points and 10 rebounds on five of seven shooting. As a team, the Cavaliers shot 46 percent from the field and 14 of 30 from the 3-point line, but they also committed a total of 19 turnovers which plagued them the entire game. The Cavaliers fell behind by double-digits right away and just had no answer for the Heat, getting outscored in every quarter as they struggled without Donovan Mitchell in the lineup.
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Facts
- The Cavaliers have won each of their last 10 games against Western Conference opponents after losing as favorites.
- The Cavaliers have covered the spread in each of their last 10 games against Western Conference opponents after losing as favorites.
- Each of the Cavaliers’ last eight Saturday games as favorites have gone UNDER the total points line.
The Lakers could be shorthanded again as LeBron James and Cam Reddish are both listed as questionable, while the Cavaliers are still missing Dean Wade while Donovan Mitchell is listed as questionable. The Lakers come in as the team in better form and they could easily be on a four-game win streak if they didn’t run out of time against the Mavericks in their last outing, while the Cavaliers’ growing list of injuries is taking a toll on them. The line will shift depending on who suits up for this one, but as it stands I’ll side with the Lakers with the points in this one.