Dallas Mavericks (11-8) vs Utah Jazz (7-13)
2023-12-06 20:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Dallas Mavericks -8.5 -- Over/Under: 225.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Utah Jazz and the Dallas Mavericks duke it out at the American Airlines Center on Wednesday night. Here’s a Jazz vs Mavericks prediction.
The Utah Jazz have been struggling as they’ve lost six of their last nine games, but they will be eager to build some momentum after outlasting the Trail Blazers in a 118-113 overtime win on Saturday. Collin Sexton led the team with 25 points and five assists on nine of 13 shooting off the bench, Keyonte George added 21 points with six assists while John Collins chipped in with 17 points, nine rebounds and three blocks. As a team, the Jazz shot 48 percent from the field and seven of 34 from the 3-point line as they squandered an early 16-point lead, before they made up for it in overtime where they restricted the Trail Blazers to just seven points. Walker Kessler was a spark off the bench with 12 points on six of six shooting while Simone Fontecchio shot just three of 12 from the field and one of eight from the 3-point line.
Utah Jazz Team Facts
- The Jazz have lost each of their last 19 road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Jazz have covered the spread in 12 of their last 13 games as underdogs against Southwest Division opponents.
- Each of the Jazz’s last five games after coming off overtime have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Dallas Mavericks have been in a slump as they’ve lost five of their last seven games and they will be hoping to snap a two-game skid after getting beaten by the Thunder in a 126-120 loss on Saturday. Luka Doncic led the team with a triple-double of 36 points with 15 rebounds and 18 assists, Derrick Jones Jr. added 24 points while Derrick Lively tallied 20 points with 16 rebounds and seven blocks. As a team, the Mavericks shot 44 percent from the field and 19 of 52 from the 3-point line, but they were terrible on the defensive end and had to use a 30-0 run to erase a 24-point lead, only to go scoreless in the final 2:17 to allow the Thunder off the hook in a disappointing finish.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have won each of their last seven night games against the Jazz at American Airlines Center.
- The Mavericks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games against Northwest Division opponents that held a losing record.
- Ten of the Mavericks’ last 12 games as home favorites following a home loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Jazz vs Mavericks prediction
The Jazz are still severely shorthanded with Kelly Olynyk, Lauri Markkanen and Jordan Clarkson all out, while the Mavericks are keeping eyes on Kyrie Irving and Tim Hardaway Jr who are both questionable at the moment. The Jazz were able to get a much-needed overtime win on Saturday, but that was against a struggling Trail Blazers team. The Mavericks haven’t been setting the world on fire by any means, but they still have Doncic fresh off a triple-double, so I’ll lean towards the Mavericks to get the much-needed win at home.