Minnesota Timberwolves (13-4) vs Utah Jazz (6-11)
2023-11-30 20:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Minnesota Timberwolves -10.5 -- Over/Under: 224
(Get latest betting odds)
The Minnesota Timberwolves play host to the Utah Jazz at the Target Center on Thursday night. Here’s a Timberwolves vs Jazz Prediction.
The Utah Jazz have really struggled to get going this season as they’ve lost five of their last seven games and they had won two in a row before getting routed by the lowly Grizzlies in a 105-91 loss last night. John Collins led the team with 17 points, Simone Fontecchio and Jordan Clarkson added 12 points each while no other player finished in double figures in scoring. As a team, the Jazz shot just 37 percent from the field and 16 of 39 from the 3-point line as they struggled to match the Grizzlies early on and were never in the contest after getting outscored by 36-17 in the second quarter. The Jazz trailed by as many as 25 points in this contest before they made a bit of a run in the end to keep the final scores respectable.
Utah Jazz Team Facts
- The Jazz have lost each of their last 18 road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The home team has covered the spread in each of the Jazz’s last eight games.
- Each of the Jazz’s last five games has gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Minnesota Timberwolves have been in red-hot form as they’ve won 12 of their last 14 games overall and they will be aiming for a third straight win after sneaking past the Thunder in a 106-103 win on Tuesday. Anthony Edwards led the team with 21 points, Rudy Gobert and Troy Brown Jr scored 17 points each while Naz Reid chipped in with 15 points. As a team, the Timberwolves shot just 42 percent from the field and 14 of 33 from the 3-point line as they suffered a slow start and scored just 19 points in the first quarter to fall behind by 12 points before they flipped the script in the second half to escape with the narrow win and improve to 8-1 at home this season.
Minnesota Timberwolves Team Facts
- The Timberwolves have won 13 of their last 14 night games against Northwest Division opponents that held a losing record.
- The Timberwolves have covered the spread in seven of their last eight night games against Northwest Division opponents that held a losing record.
- Five of the Timberwolves’ last six games as home favorites against the Jazz have gone OVER the total points line.
Timberwolves vs Jazz Prediction
The Jazz are still shorthanded with Lauri Markkanen ruled out with a hamstring injury, while the Timberwolves have listed Anthony Edwards as doubtful for this meeting. The Jazz have been one of the most disappointing teams so far this season and they added to their failures with a loss to the depleted Grizzlies last night. The Timberwolves could be without Edwards in this one, but they are still one of the hottest teams in the league and I don’t see them having too much trouble in this meeting. The line is heavier than I thought it would be, but I like the Timberwolves to get the job done at home.