Orlando Magic (3-2) vs Los Angeles Lakers (3-2)
2023-11-04 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Orlando Magic +3.5 -- Over/Under: 219
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic meet Saturday in NBA action at the Amway Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Los Angeles Lakers Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Lakers look for a win after winning 3 of their last 4 games. The Lakers have lost their first 2 road games. The Los Angeles Lakers are averaging 114 points on 47.2 percent shooting and allowing 114.8 points on 46 percent shooting. Anthony Davis is averaging 26 points and 13 rebounds, while LeBron James is averaging 24.6 points and 9.2 rebounds. D’Angelo Russell is the third double-digit scorer and Austin Reaves is grabbing 4.4 rebounds. The Los Angeles Lakers are shooting 30.2 percent from beyond the arc and 76.6 percent from the free throw line. The Los Angeles Lakers are allowing 37.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46 rebounds per game.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have lost seven of their last eight games as favorites following an overtime win.
- The Lakers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 10 night games following an overtime win.
- Each of the Lakers’ last five games as road favorites have gone OVER the total points line.
Orlando Magic Betting Preview
The Orlando Magic look to build on their solid 3-2 start to the season. The Orlando Magic have won their only home game this season. The Orlando Magic are averaging 107.6 points on 45.3 percent shooting and allowing 104 points on 45.8 percent shooting. Franz Wagner is averaging 18.6 points and 3.4 assists, while Paolo Banchero is averaging 16 points and 6 rebounds. Cole Anthony is the third double-digit scorer and Markelle Fultz is grabbing 3.8 rebounds. The Orlando Magic are shooting 31.6 percent from beyond the arc and 71 percent from the free throw line. The Orlando Magic are allowing 35 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.8 rebounds per game.
Orlando Magic Team Facts
- The Magic have lost each of their last 10 games as a home underdog when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The Magic have covered the spread in 12 of their last 13 games as underdogs against Western Conference opponents.
- Five of the Magic’s last six home games against Pacific Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Magic rank 1st in the league for Q2 points per game this season (31.8).
- The Magic rank T1st in the league for H1 win percentage this season (100.0%).
- The Lakers rank 29th in the league for offensive rebounds per game this season (8.2).
- The Lakers rank 29th in the league for opponent field goal attempts per game this season (94.0).
The Los Angeles Lakers are going to be favored because of their star power and what not, but it’s the Magic that have probably been the more impressive side up to this point. The Magic also nearly beat the Lakers earlier this week, losing on the last shot of the game. The Magic are coming back home for the first time after their west coast road trip, and there should be a decent crowd. The Magic should be up for this game, and they’ve shown potential as a team overall. I’ll take a shot with the free buckets.