The Boston Celtics and Toronto Raptors meet Friday in NBA action at the Scotiabank Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Boston Celtics look to build on their 4-game winning streak. The Boston Celtics have won 4 of their last 6 road games. The Boston Celtics are averaging 119.4 points on 47.7 percent shooting and allowing 106 points on 43.6 percent shooting. Jayson Tatum is averaging 28.5 points and 8.8 rebounds, while Jaylen Brown is averaging 22.9 points and 5.2 rebounds. Kristaps Porzingis is the third double-digit scorer and Derrick White is grabbing 3.7 rebounds. The Boston Celtics are shooting 36.8 percent from beyond the arc and 80.5 percent from the free throw line. The Boston Celtics are allowing 34.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47.9 rebounds per game.
Boston Celtics Team Facts
- The Celtics have won each of their last seven games against Eastern Conference opponents following a win.
- The Celtics have covered the spread in seven of their last eight night games against the Raptors.
- Each of the Celtics' last five games as favorites against the Raptors have gone UNDER the total points line.
Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
The Toronto Raptors look for a win after splitting their last 8 games. The Toronto Raptors have split their last 6 home games. The Toronto Raptors are averaging 108.5 points on 45.2 percent shooting and allowing 110.9 points on 46.4 percent shooting. Scottie Barnes is averaging 20.9 points and 9.6 rebounds, while Pascal Siakam is averaging 18.7 points and 7.3 rebounds. O.G. Anunoby is the third double-digit scorer and Dennis Schroder is grabbing 2.7 rebounds. The Toronto Raptors are shooting 32.8 percent from beyond the arc and 73 percent from the free throw line. The Toronto Raptors are allowing 35.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46.9 rebounds per game.
Toronto Raptors Team Facts
- The Raptors have lost each of their last six games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Raptors have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Each of the Raptors' last four games as home underdogs have gone OVER the total points line.
The Boston Celtics are not only playing the better ball overall, but they just smoked the Raptors a few days ago, 117-94. The Celtics have won 8 of the last 10 meetings against the Raptors and have covered 7 of those games as well. The Raptors struggle with consistency, and it doesn't help that Anunoby is still out with a finger injury. You can argue this line should be steeper than it is. Give me the Celtics in a comfortable road victory.