Baltimore Ravens (9-3) vs Los Angeles Rams (6-6)
2023-12-10 13:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Baltimore Ravens -6.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Rams and the Baltimore Ravens meet Sunday in NFL action from M&T Bank Stadium. Los Angeles has won three straight games, most recently taking out the Browns to move to 6-6 overall. As for the Ravens, they’re sitting at 9-3 on the year after a 10-point win over the Chargers. Let’s get into our Rams vs. Ravens prediction. Check back all season long for free NFL picks at Sports Chat Place.
Los Angeles Rams
The Rams started out the year on a sketchy 3-6 run, but they’ve managed three straight victories since the bye week. Los Angeles is averaging 22.3 points per game with 231.0 yards per game, 16 total TDs and 10 interceptions coming through the air. The Rams average 114.5 yards per game with 12 touchdowns rushing otherwise.
In their latest matchup versus Cleveland, the Rams held a 20-13 edge going into the fourth quarter. Los Angeles scored another 16 points in the final frame for a 36-19 win. Matthew Stafford led the way with 279 yards and three scores, while Karen Williams rushed 21 times for 88 yards and a TD of his own.
Los Angeles Rams Team Facts
- The Rams have won three of their last four December games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- The Rams have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games as underdogs against AFC North opponents.
- The favorites have won the first half in five of the Rams’ last six games.
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven games played on the East Coast.
- The Rams have won the first quarter in each of their last three games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
Over on the Ravens’ side, they’ve only got three losses this year to the Colts (OT), Steelers and Browns. Baltimore is giving up just 15.6 points per game on average this year, while scoring 27.0 points per game themselves. The Ravens have a great rush game so far, averaging 158.6 yards per game with 22 touchdowns.
Baltimore posted another victory in their last matchup versus the Chargers. The Ravens outscored LA 20-7 in the final three quarters on the way to a 20-10 result. Lamar Jackson put up 177 yards with one TD in the win, while Keaton Mitchell rushed for 64 yards. Isaiah Likely added four receptions for 40 yards to lead the receivers.
Baltimore Ravens Team Facts
- The Ravens have won each of their last 10 games as home favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Ravens have covered the spread in each of their last six Week 14 games.
- The Ravens have won the first quarter in seven of their last eight home games in December.
- The Ravens have won the first half in each of their last nine games as favorites.
- The Ravens have scored the first touchdown in each of their last 10 home games.
- The Ravens rank 1st in the NFL in points allowed per game this season (15.6).
- The Ravens rank 1st in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season (158.6).
- The Rams rank 32nd in the NFL in average kickoff return (17.1 yards) this season.
- The Rams rank 32nd in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game this season (10.0).
ANDREW’S FREE RAMS VS RAVENS PREDICTION
I’ll stick with the Ravens here. Baltimore posted another nice defensive effort in their latest win over the Chargers, giving up just 16 first downs and 279 yards overall (193 passing). The Ravens bagged four takeaways (three fumbles) in the 10-point victory. Baltimore has now won six of their last seven games and scored 31 or more points in five of their last six.
As for the Rams, they had a good offensive outing against a decent Browns team over the weekend, logging 20 first downs and 399 total yards (279 passing). LA has now posted 73 combined points over their last two games, compared to 33 allowed in that time. This is going to be a pretty tough matchup on both sides of the ball though, so I’m not sure the Rams can pull off the cover pace.