Philadelphia Eagles (10-1) vs San Francisco 49ers (8-3)
2023-12-03 16:25:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Philadelphia Eagles +2.5 -- Over/Under: 45.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The San Francisco 49ers and the Philadelphia Eagles meet Sunday in NFL action from Lincoln Financial Field. San Francisco blew out the Seahawks in their last game, improving to 8-3 overall on the year. As for Philadelphia, they notched a close overtime escape versus the Bills on Sunday to improve to 10-1 overall. Here’s a 49ers vs Eagles Prediction.
San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco has notched some pretty solid stats this year on both sides of the ball. The 49ers are averaging 28.2 points per game, with 250.1 yards per game, 19 scores and six interceptions coming through the pass. As for the run, San Francisco averages 136.0 yards per game with 18 scores. Defensively the team has been great with just 15.5 points per game and five rush scores allowed.
San Francisco posted another strong showing in their last matchup versus the Seahawks. The 49ers were up 24-3 by the break and were able to power out the win 31-13. Brock Purdy led the way on 209 yards with one TD and one pick. Christian McCaffrey did most of the work though, logging 114 rush yards and two scores. Deebo Samuel added seven catches for a team-high 79 yards.
San Francisco 49ers Team Facts
- The 49ers have won each of their last eight games following a Division game.
- The 49ers have covered the spread in each of their last six games following a Division win.
- The 49ers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last seven games following a win.
- The 49ers have won the first half in each of their last six games following a win.
- The 49ers have won the first quarter in each of their last four games against teams that held a winning record.
Over on the Eagles’ side, they’re scoring 28.2 points per game on average while allowing 22.4 points per game on defense. Philly is sitting on 231.0 yards per game via the pass, with 18 touchdowns and 10 picks. The Eagles have 17 rushing touchdowns with 4.2 yards per attempt and 133.3 yards per game.
The Eagles faced a tough battle against a plucky Buffalo team in their last game. Philly had to score 17 fourth-quarter points to force overtime, and came away with a 37-34 win. Jalen Hurts tossed for 200 yards, three TDs and one pick. D’Andre Swift added 80 yards on 14 carries, and DeVonta Smith caught seven balls for 106 yards and a TD in the winning effort.
Philadelphia Eagles Team Facts
- The Eagles have won each of their last 11 games at Lincoln Financial Field against teams that held a winning record.
- The Eagles have covered the spread in each of their last six games at Lincoln Financial Field following a home win.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games against the 49ers.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Eagles’ last five Week 13 games.
- The Eagles have won the first quarter in each of their last six games against the 49ers.
- The Eagles rank 1st in the NFL in punt return yards per game this season (26.8).
- The Eagles rank 1st in the NFL in 4th down percentage this season (76.5%).
- The 49ers rank 1st in the NFL in points allowed per game this season (15.5).
- The 49ers rank 1st in the NFL in interceptions this season (15).
ANDREW’S FREE EAGLES VS 49ERS PREDICTION
I’ll stay with the Eagles. Philly does need something of a bounce-back effort after their razor-thin victory over Buffalo though, so you could make a good case either way. The Eagles coughed up 505 yards to the Bills in that one along with 29 first downs and a 13-of-22 rate on third-down tries. The offense was just good enough with 378 yards (193 passing) and 24 first downs. That’s four straight games the Eagles have won by seven points or fewer. Granted, most were against very good competition, but Philly is playing with fire lately.
As for the Niners, they held the Seahawks to just 220 yards (132 passing) and 14 first downs in their last outing. San Francisco has been scoring great over this three-game win streak with 27 or more points in each matchup. I could see the 49ers giving Philly some issues here, but ultimately I like the Eagles to cover at home. It’ll be a fun one to watch regardless.