Montreal Canadiens (10-11-3) vs Seattle Kraken (8-11-6)
2023-12-04 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Montreal Canadiens +135 / Seattle Kraken -167 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Seattle Kraken and the Montreal Canadiens meet in NHL action from the Bell Center on Monday night. Two teams that could really use a win right now, who gets it? Let’s take a look and give out a Kraken vs. Canadiens Prediction.
Seattle Kraken Team Preview
The Seattle Kraken come into this game looking to snap a four-game losing streak after a 2-0 loss at the hands of the Ottawa Senators last time out. Oliver Bjorkstrand leads the Kraken in scoring with 20 points including 7 goals and 13 assists while Vince Dunn has 19 points with a team-high 16 assists. Jared McCann has 16 points with a team-high 11 goals and Eeli Tolvanen has 16 points with 6 goals and 10 assists. Jaden Schwartz also has 15 points with 8 goals as well on the year. Joey Daccord has gone 3-4-5 with a 2.92 GAA and an .898 save percentage in goal for Seattle this season while Philipp Grubauer is 5-7-1 with a 3.37 GAA and an .882 save percentage this season. Seattle has 22 points, three below the 8th-placed St. Louis Blues, who are currently in the playoff picture.
Seattle Kraken Team Facts
- The Kraken have lost eight of their last nine games against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Kraken have failed to cover the puck line in eight of their last nine games against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Kraken have lost the second period in each of their last four games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals Period 1’ market has hit in each of the Kraken’s last six games as favorites.
Montreal Canadiens Team Preview
The Montreal Canadiens come into this one looking to bounce back from a 5-4 OT loss to the Detroit Red Wings last time out. Nick Suzuki has a team-high 20 points with 7 goals and 13 assists while Cole Caufield has 19 points with 7 goals and 12 assists. Mike Matheson has 18 points with 13 assists of his own while Alex Newhook has 13 points with 6 goals and Sean Monahan has 13 points with 7 assists. Jake Allen is 3-5-2 with a .898 save percentage and 3.74 GAA while Sam Montembault is 5-3-1 with a 2.73 GAA and a .910 save percentage in goal for Montreal this season. Montreal has 23 points, three less than the Washington Capitals and New York Islanders, who are in the 7th and 8th place in the Eastern Conference, respectively.
Montreal Canadiens Team Facts
- The Canadiens have lost each of their last five games at Bell Centre.
- The Canadiens have covered the puck line in seven of their last eight night games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Canadiens have lost the second period in each of their last six games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Canadiens’ last seven games as underdogs.
- The Montreal Canadiens ranks T27th in the league for goals per game this season (2.75).
- The Montreal Canadiens ranks 26th in the league for goals against per game this season (3.54).
- The Seattle Kraken ranks 29th in the league for goals per game this season (2.68).
- The Seattle Kraken are one of only two teams to lose 5+ games when leading after Period 1 this season.
Kraken vs. Canadiens Prediction
I’m on the Canadiens here. The road team has won 4 straight in this matchup, but this is not the same Kraken team that was so dominant on the road for much of last season. Montreal hasn’t been stellar in all honesty, but I think this game should be lined closer to a coin flip than where it’s at so give me Montreal and the plus money.