Philadelphia Flyers (11-10-1) vs New Jersey Devils (10-9-1)
2023-11-30 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Philadelphia Flyers +131 / New Jersey Devils -164 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The New Jersey Devils look to add to back to back victories. The Philadelphia Flyers need a win after losing 3 of their last 4 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a New Jersey Devils vs Philadelphia Flyers prediction.
New Jersey Devils Betting Preview
The New Jersey Devils are coming off wins over the Sabres and Islanders. Now, they have 21 points, the same as their divisional rivals Pittsburgh Penguins. The New Jersey Devils are averaging 3.6 goals per game and are scoring on 36.8 percent of their power play opportunities. Tyler Toffoli leads New Jersey with 11 goals, Jack Hughes has 19 assists and Dougie Hamilton has 61 shots on goal. Defensively, the New Jersey Devils are allowing 3.65 goals per game and are killing 75.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Vitek Vanecek has allowed 46 goals on 381 shots faced, while Akira Schmid has given up 20 goals on 193 shots.
New Jersey Devils Team Facts
- The Devils have lost four of their last five games as favorites against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Devils have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last seven games as favorites against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Devils’ last eight games as favorites against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Devils have won the first period in each of their last five night games at Wells Fargo Center following a win.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Preview
The Philadelphia Flyers lost to the Hurricanes on Tuesday and the Rangers and Islanders in previous games. The Philadelphia Flyers have lost 4 of their last 5 road games. They now dropped to the 4th place in the Metropolitan with 23 points, one behind the Washington Capitals. The Philadelphia Flyers are averaging 2.91 goals per game and are scoring on 9.9 percent of their power play opportunities. Travis Konecny leads Philadelphia with 12 goals, Scott Laughton has 9 assists and Owen Tippett has 72 shots on goal. Defensively, the Philadelphia Flyers are allowing 2.82 goals per game and are killing 84.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Carter Hart has allowed 31 goals on 349 shots faced, and Samuel Ersson has given up 22 goals on 185 shots.
Philadelphia Flyers Team Facts
- The Flyers have won seven of their last eight Thursday games as home underdogs.
- The Flyers have covered the puck line in eight of their last nine games as home underdogs following a home loss.
- The Flyers have lost the third period in four of their last five night games at Wells Fargo Center.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Flyers’ last six games as home underdogs against opponents on a winning streak.
New Jersey Devils vs Philadelphia Flyers Prediction
The Philadelphia Flyers can’t get out of their own way thanks to an offense that packs little punch, and playing at home hasn’t helped much. The New Jersey Devils have the offense to give any team issues, and it travels on the road as well. Recent wins over the Sabres and Islanders are encouraging and could lead to a run for the Devils. The Devils are in better form. I’ll lay the juice.