Tampa Bay Lightning (10-8-5) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (10-10-1)
2023-11-30 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Lightning -156 / Pittsburgh Penguins +125 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Pittsburgh Penguins need a win after losing 5 of their last 7 games. The Tampa Bay Lightning also need a win after losing 3 of their last 4 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Pittsburgh Penguins vs Tampa Bay Lightning prediction.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Preview
The Pittsburgh Penguins lost to the Predators in overtime on Tuesday and lost to the Sabres and Rangers before that. The Pittsburgh Penguins are averaging 3.1 goals per game and are scoring on 12.1 percent of their power play opportunities. Sidney Crosby leads Pittsburgh with 13 goals, Jake Guentzel has 17 assists, and Bryan Rust has 58 shots on goal. Defensively, the Pittsburgh Penguins are allowing 2.62 goals per game and are killing 86.4 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Tristan Jarry has allowed 37 goals on 439 shots faced, and Alex Nedelijkovic has given up 9 goals on 142 shots.
Pittsburgh Penguins Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Penguins’ last five games.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in each of the Penguins’ last five games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2′ market has hit in each of the Penguins’ last 11 games at Amalie Arena.
- The Penguins have won the second period in each of their last five games against the Lightning after coming off overtime.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview
The Tampa Bay Lightning are coming off back-to-back losses to the Avalanche and Coyotes. The Lightning beat the Blackhawks, Oilers, and Bruins during this streak. The Tampa Bay Lightning are averaging 3.48 goals per game and are scoring on 32.5 percent of their power play opportunities. Nikita Kucherov leads Tampa Bay with 15 goals, Victor Hedman has 19 assists and Brayden Point has 67 shots on goal. Defensively, the Tampa Bay Lightning are allowing 3.52 goals per game and are killing 84.5 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jonas Johansson has given up 61 goals on 575 shots faced, while Matt Tomkins has allowed 10 goals on 90 shots.
Tampa Bay Lightning Team Facts
- The Lightning have lost four of their last five games as favorites against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The home team has covered the puck line in five of the Lightning’s last six games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2’ market has hit in each of the last 11 games between the Penguins and Lightning at Amalie Arena.
- The Lightning have lost the first period in nine of their last 10 games.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Tampa Bay Lightning Prediction
Two franchises that aren’t used to losing coming off subpar weeks and have some looking at them funny. The difference in this matchup is that the Tampa Bay Lightning are at home where they are usually a tough out, and you also rarely get this cheap of a price with them at home. I have to lay the reasonable price with the Lightning at home, as I have more confidence in them snapping back.