Detroit Pistons (2-17) vs Cleveland Cavaliers (10-9)
2023-12-02 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Detroit Pistons +8 -- Over/Under: 223.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Cleveland Cavaliers need a win after splitting their last 6 games. The Detroit Pistons still haven’t won a game since October 28. Let’s preview this game and give out a Cleveland Cavaliers vs Detroit Pistons prediction.
Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Prediction
The Cleveland Cavaliers just lost to the Trail Blazers, which erased wins over the Raptors and Hawks. The Cleveland Cavaliers are averaging 110.8 points on 47.6 percent shooting and allowing 111.7 points on 45.2 percent shooting. Donovan Mitchell is averaging 27.6 points and 5.3 assists, while Darius Garland is averaging 19.1 points and 5.9 assists. Evan Mobley is the third double-digit scorer and Caris LeVert is grabbing 3.7 rebounds. The Cleveland Cavaliers are shooting 34.4 percent from beyond the arc and 79 percent from the free throw line. The Cleveland Cavaliers are allowing 37.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.3 rebounds per game.
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Facts
- The Cavaliers have won each of their last 12 games against Central Division opponents that held a losing record.
- The Cavaliers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven road games against Eastern Conference opponents after losing as favorites.
- Nine of the Cavaliers’ last 10 games as road favorites have gone OVER the total points line.
Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
The Detroit Pistons have recently lost to the Pacers, Wizards, Lakers, and Knicks. The Detroit Pistons are averaging 109.6 points on 46.2 percent shooting and allowing 118.5 points on 47.4 percent shooting. Cade Cunningham is averaging 22.2 points and 3.6 rebounds, while Jalen Duren is averaging 11.8 points and 2.8 assists. Jaden Ivey is the third double-digit scorer and Isaiah Stewart is grabbing 7.2 rebounds. The Detroit Pistons are shooting 35.2 percent from beyond the arc and 80.7 percent from the free throw line. The Detroit Pistons are allowing 36.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.3 rebounds per game.
Detroit Pistons Team Facts
- The Pistons have lost each of their last 28 home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Pistons have failed to cover the spread in 20 of their last 25 home games against teams that held a winning record.
- Each of the last five games between the Cavaliers and Pistons have gone UNDER the total points line.
Cavaliers vs Pistons Prediction
The Detroit Pistons haven’t won a game in over a month and aren’t a team I’m eager to back for obvious reasons. However, let’s not act like the Cleveland Cavaliers are living up to expectations as they just lost to the Trail Blazers as double-digit favorites, and they’re 7-12 ATS on the season. I’m not running to the window to back the Cavs in the big favorite role on the road. Give me the Pistons and the free points if forced to pick.