Houston Rockets (3-3) vs Los Angeles Lakers (3-4)
2023-11-08 20:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Houston Rockets +2.5 -- Over/Under: 218
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets meet Wednesday in NBA action at the Toyota Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Los Angeles Lakers Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Lakers look to get back to a .500 record. The Lakers have lost their first 4 road games. The Los Angeles Lakers are averaging 111.1 points on 47.7 percent shooting and allowing 114.8 points on 46 percent shooting. LeBron James is averaging 25.3 points and 8.4 rebounds, while Anthony Davis is averaging 23.9 points and 12 rebounds. D’Angelo Russell is the third double-digit scorer and Austin Reaves is grabbing 4.9 rebounds. The Los Angeles Lakers are shooting 29.8 percent from beyond the arc and 78.5 percent from the free throw line. The Los Angeles Lakers are allowing 36.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44 rebounds per game.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have lost each of their last eight road games.
- The Lakers have covered the spread in seven of their last eight road games following a loss.
- Each of the Lakers’ last four games at Toyota Center following a road loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Houston Rockets Betting Preview
The Houston Rockets look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Houston Rockets have won 3 straight home games. The Houston Rockets are averaging 110 points on 47.6 percent shooting and allowing 108.8 points on 45.6 percent shooting. Jalen Green is averaging 18.2 points and 3.8 rebounds, while Alperen Sengun is averaging 18.2 points and 8.5 rebounds. Fred VanVleet is the third double-digit scorer and Dillon Brooks is grabbing 4.7 rebounds. The Houston Rockets are shooting 38.4 percent from beyond the arc and 73.6 percent from the free throw line. The Houston Rockets are allowing 33.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 41 rebounds per game.
Houston Rockets Team Facts
- The Rockets have won four of their last five games as underdogs against Pacific Division opponents following a win.
- The Rockets have covered the spread in five of their last six home games against Western Conference opponents that held a losing record.
- Five of the last six games between the Lakers and Rockets have gone OVER the total points line.
The Houston Rockets have stopped the bleeding with 3 straight wins, but are we to the point we can trust them? Not sure. The Los Angeles Lakers are banged up and that includes AD, who is questionable with a groin injury. With all that said, if the Lakers are serious about making a push this season, these are games they need to win. Also, five straight road losses isn’t a good look. The Lakers need this game. I’ll lay the bucket.