New Orleans Pelicans (9-9) vs Philadelphia 76ers (12-5)
2023-11-29 20:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: New Orleans Pelicans +1.5 -- Over/Under: 227.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Philadelphia 76ers travel to the Smoothie King Center to battle the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday night. Here’s a 76ers vs Pelicans Prediction.
The Philadelphia 76ers have been in decent shape as they’ve won four of their last six games overall and they will be eager to keep it going after making light work of the Lakers in a 138-94 win on Monday. Tyrese Maxey led the team with 31 points and eight assists, Joel Embiid racked up a triple-double of 30 points with 11 rebounds and 11 assists while Marcus Morris chipped in with 16 points on six of eight shooting off the bench. As a team, the 76ers shot 50 percent from the field and a sizzling 22 of 46 from the 3-point line, but they set up this win with their defense by holding the Lakers to just 19 points in the first quarter and 14 points in the fourth quarter.
Philadelphia 76ers Team Facts
- The 76ers have won 10 of their last 11 games against Southwest Division opponents following a win.
- The 76ers have covered the spread in six of their last seven games against Western Conference opponents.
- Each of the 76ers’ last five road games against Southwest Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
New Orleans Pelicans
Meanwhile, the New Orleans Pelicans have been in decent shape as they’ve won five of their last eight games overall, but they will be hoping to avoid a third straight defeat after getting beaten by the lowly Jazz in a 114-112 road loss on Monday. Zion Williamson led the team with 26 points and seven assists on nine of 16 shooting, Brandon Ingram added 25 points with five assists while Jonas Valanciunas tallied 14 points with 13 rebounds. As a team, the Pelicans shot 50 percent from the field and seven of 22 from the 3-point line as they worked their way back from an 11-point deficit, only to scoreless in the final 1:13 to allow the Jazz to slip away in the end.
New Orleans Pelicans Team Facts
- The Pelicans have lost each of their last eight games against Eastern Conference opponents following a loss.
- The Pelicans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last nine night games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Pelicans’ last five games have gone UNDER the total points line.
The 76ers are still a little shorthanded with Kelly Oubre Jr. and Danuel House Jr out, while the Pelicans are still missing Trey Murphy and CJ McCollum. The 76ers haven’t been at their absolute best lately, but they certainly looked good in their dominant win over the Lakers on Monday and they’re just about at full health. The Pelicans are still missing some key players and are coming off back to back losses to the struggling Jazz which puts a real damper on their confidence. This has all the makings of a close contest, but based on recent form, I have more faith in the 76ers to get the win and cover on the road here.