New Orleans Pelicans (10-9) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-15)
2023-12-01 20:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: New Orleans Pelicans -13.5 -- Over/Under: 232.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The San Antonio Spurs invade the Smoothie King Center to battle the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday night. Here’s our Spurs vs Pelicans prediction.
San Antonio Spurs
The San Antonio Spurs have been in terrible form as they are now hoping to put an end to a 13-game losing streak after falling just short to the Hawks in a 137-135 loss last night. Jeremy Sochan led the team with 33 points, eight rebounds and six assists on 12 of 14 shooting, Devin Vassell added 25 points off the bench, Victor Wembenyama tallied 21 points with 12 rebounds and four blocks while Keldon Johnson chipped in with 22 points. As a team, the Spurs shot 53 percent from the field and 18 of 41 from the 3-point line as they enjoyed a strong start for once and jumped out to an early 15-point lead, but they just couldn’t hold off the Hawks and they had no answer for Trae Young who scored seven points in the final 59.2 seconds.
San Antonio Spurs Team Facts
- The Spurs have lost each of their last 18 games against Southwest Division opponents that held a winning record.
- The Spurs have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games at Smoothie King Center against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Fourteen of the Spurs’ last 15 games against Southwest Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
New Orleans Pelicans
Meanwhile, the New Orleans Pelicans have been in great form as they’ve won six of their last nine games overall and they will be eager to keep it going after taking down the shorthanded 76ers in a 124-114 home win on Wednesday. Zion Williamson led the way with 33 points, eight rebounds and six assists on 11 of 12 shooting, CJ McCollum added 20 points, Jonas Valanciunas tallied 19 points while Jordan Hawkins chipped in with 16 points off the bench. As a team, the Pelicans shot 53 percent from the field and 10 of 30 from the 3-point line as they jumped all over the Embiid-less 76ers right from the start, outscoring them by 39-24 in the first quarter on their way to building a 29-point lead.
New Orleans Pelicans Team Facts
- The Pelicans have lost each of their last four games as favorites against Western Conference opponents.
- The Pelicans have covered the spread in each of their last seven games as home favorites against Southwest Division opponents.
- Each of the Pelicans’ last six night games on the first leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
Spurs vs Pelicans Prediction
The Spurs could be shorthanded for this one as they are keeping an eye on Victor Wembenyama for this game, while the Pelicans have listed Jose Alverado and Trey Murphy as questionable forf this one. The Spurs are the coldest team in the league right now and they could be missing their big man for this one, so I’ll happily take the Pelicans who already look so much more dangerous with McCollum back in the lineup. The line is hefty, but give me the Pelicans to get the job done in a blowout.