Phoenix Suns (11-7) vs Denver Nuggets (13-6)
2023-12-01 22:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Phoenix Suns +2.5 -- Over/Under: 222.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Denver Nuggets invade the Footprint Center to battle the Phoenix Suns on Friday night. Here’s our Nuggets vs Suns prediction.
The Denver Nuggets are starting to heat up again as they are now gunning for a fourth straight victory after taking down the Rockets in a 134-124 home win on Wednesday. Nikola Jokic led the team with a triple-double of 32 points with 10 rebounds and 15 assists, Michael Porter Jr. added 30 points with 10 rebounds and five assists while Jamal Murray chipped in with 16 points and six assists. As a team, the Nuggets shot 50 percent from the feild and an efficient 19 of 43 from the 3-point line as they set the tone with 41 points in the first quarter to take an early 19-point lead which was more than enough to hold off the Rockets for the rest of the game. The Nuggets took care of the ball in this one as they finished with just three turnovers and they got a valuable 22 minutes out of Jamal Murray who finished with 16 points.
Denver Nuggets Team Facts
- The Nuggets have won each of their last 10 games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Nuggets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games as road favorites.
- Seven of the Nuggets’ last eight road games against Western Conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Phoenix Suns have been in great shape as they were on a seven-game win streak before they got stopped in their tracks by the Raptors in a 112-105 road loss on Wednesday. Kevin Durant led the team with 30 points and six assists, Jusuf Nurkic added 19 points with 14 rebounds and six assists on eight of 12 shooting while Eric Gordon and Josh Okogie scored 10 points each but no other player finished in double figures. As a team, the Suns shot just 40 percent from the field and seven of 26 from the 3-point line as they worked their way back from a 12-point deficit, only to go ice-cold and score just two points in the final 2:20 to allow the Raptors to slip away in the end. Devin Booker had a rough night as he finished with just eight points on two of 12 shooting from the field and zero of four from the 3-point line.
Phoenix Suns Team Facts
- The Suns have won each of their last five games as home underdogs against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back.
- The Suns have covered the spread in each of their last five games as home underdogs against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back.
- Nine of the Suns’ last 10 night games against Western Conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Nuggets vs Suns Prediction
The Nuggets could be shorthanded here with Aaron Gordon and Jamal Murray both questionable, while the Suns are still missing Bradley Beal and they have Devin Booker listed as questionable. This is definitely a game where you want to check the lineups before tipoff, but as it stands, I think there is plenty of value with the Nuggets at the short line, especially if Booker doesn’t suit up for this one.