Boston Celtics (14-4) vs Philadelphia 76ers (12-6)
2023-12-01 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Boston Celtics -6.5 -- Over/Under: 224.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Philadelphia 76ers look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. The Boston Celtics look to stay hot after winning 9 of their last 11 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Philadelphia 76ers vs Boston Celtics prediction.
Philadelphia 76ers Betting Preview
The Philadelphia 76ers lost to the Pelicans on Wednesday before beating the Thunder and Lakers. The Philadelphia 76ers are averaging 120.2 points on 47.6 percent shooting and allowing 112.4 points on 46.5 percent shooting. Joel Embiid is averaging 32 points and 6.6 assists, while Tyrese Maxey is averaging 27 points and 4.6 rebounds. Tobias Harris is the third double-digit scorer and Kelly Oubre Jr. is grabbing 5.1 rebounds. The Philadelphia 76ers are shooting 37.3 percent from beyond the arc and 85.6 percent from the free throw line. The Philadelphia 76ers are allowing 35.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.3 rebounds per game.
Philadelphia 76ers Team Facts
- The 76ers have won each of their last four road games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The favorites have covered the spread in seven of the 76ers’ last eight games.
- Eight of the 76ers’ last nine games at TD Garden following a road loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Boston Celtics are coming off wins over the Hawks and Bulls. The Boston Celtics are averaging 116.3 points on 47.2 percent shooting and allowing 106.7 points on 43.9 percent shooting. Jayson Tatum is averaging 27.7 points and 8.8 rebounds, while Jaylen Brown is averaging 21.9 points and 5 rebounds. Kristaps Porzingis is the third double-digit scorer and Derrick White is grabbing 3.7 rebounds. The Boston Celtics are shooting 36 percent from beyond the arc and 78.6 percent from the free throw line. The Boston Celtics are allowing 35 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47.1 rebounds per game.
Boston Celtics Team Facts
- The Celtics have won each of their last eight games at TD Garden.
- The Celtics have covered the spread in each of their last six home games when playing with a rest advantage.
- Each of the Celtics’ last four home games against Atlantic Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
76ers vs Celtics Prediction
The Boston Celtics have won 3 of the last 4 meetings against the 76ers and at home should be favored. However, the Celtics are going to be without Porzingis and could be without Jrue Holiday as well. The 76ers have been one of the moneymakers in the league this season with a 12-6 ATS record. It feels strange to just throw a bunco of points to a good team like the 76ers. Slight overreaction toward the Celtics. Give me the road dog.