Toronto Raptors (9-10) vs New York Knicks (11-7)
2023-12-01 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Toronto Raptors -2.5 -- Over/Under: 217.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The New York Knicks travel to the Scotiabank Arena to battle the Toronto Raptors on Friday night. Here’s our Knicks vs Raptors prediction.
New York Knicks
The New York Knicks have been in great shape as they’ve won nine of their last 12 games overall, and they will be aiming for a third straight victory after sneaking past the pesky Pistons in a 118-112 win last night. Jalen Brunson led the team with 42 points and eight assists on 13 of 24 shooting, Julius Randle added 29 points with 10 rebounds and eight assists while RJ Barrett chipped in with 15 points. As a team, the Knicks shot 46 percent from the field and 16 of 41 from the 3-point line as they found themselves in a real battle after they squandered an early 16-point lead, but they clamped down defensively in the fourth quarter and held the Pistons to just nine points in the final 5:00 to escape with the hard-fought victory.
New York Knicks Team Facts
- The Knicks have won each of their last six games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The favorites have covered the spread in 10 of the Knicks’ last 11 games at Scotiabank Arena.
- Each of the Knicks’ last four road games following a home win have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Raptors have been in decent shape as they’ve won four of their last seven games overall and they will be looking to stay hot after outlasting the in-form Suns in a 112-105 win on Wednesday. Scottie Barnes led the team with 23 points, seven rebounds and four assists, Pascal Siakam added 22 points with nine rebounds while Jakob Poeltl chipped in with 17 points on eight of nine shooting. As a team, the Raptors shot 45 percent from the field and 10 of 27 from the 3-point line as they held the Suns to just 20 points in the first quarter to take the early lead and they just never let the Suns back in front for the rest of the contest.
Toronto Raptors Team Facts
- The Raptors have won each of their last nine home games against the Knicks following a win.
- The Raptors have covered the spread in each of their last seven home games against the Knicks following a win.
- Each of the Raptors’ last four games against Atlantic Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Knicks vs Raptors Prediction
The Knicks have quietly been one of the form teams of the league, but they were far from convincing in their narrow win over the struggling Pistons last night. Meanwhile, the Raptors are starting to heat up now following their gritty win over the Suns on Wednesday, so we could be in for a good, close contest in this one. You can make an argument for either side, but the Knicks are playing their second game of a back to back set, so I’ll lean towards the Raptors to take advantage at home.