Los Angeles Lakers (8-6) vs Dallas Mavericks (9-5)
2023-11-22 22:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Los Angeles Lakers +1.5 -- Over/Under: 236
(Get latest betting odds)
The Dallas Mavericks and the Los Angeles Lakers duke it out at the Crypto.com Arena on Wednesday night. Let’s preview this game and give out a Dallas Mavericks vs Los Angeles Lakers prediction.
The Dallas Mavericks have been in a bit of a rut as they’ve lost three of their past four games and they will be hoping to snap a two-game skid after getting thrashed by the Kings in a 129-113 loss on Sunday. Luka Doncic led the team with 25 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists, Kyrie Irving added 23 points while Tim Hardaway Jr. chipped in with 14 points off the bench. As a team, the Mavericks shot 46 percent from the field and 12 of 34 from the 3-point line as they set the tone with 36 points in the first quarter, but they were poor on the defensive end and leaked 107 points after just three quarters to get blown out in the end.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have lost 10 of their last 11 games against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- The Mavericks have covered the spread in 12 of their last 13 road games against Western Conference opponents after losing as favorites.
- Nine of the Mavericks’ last 10 road games have gone OVER the total points line.
Los Angeles Lakers
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Lakers are starting to heat up now as they’ve won six of their past seven games overall and they will be eager to build on their current three-game win streak after blowing past the Jazz in a 131-99 win last night. Anthony Davis led the team with 26 points, 16 rebounds and four assists on 11 of 14 shooting, D’Angelo Russell added 20 points with eight assists on seven of nine shooting while Austin Reaves chipped in with 19 points and five assists off the bench. As a team, the Lakers shot a healthy 57 percent from the field and 11 of 29 from the 3-point line as they took control of the contest right away, dominating the Jazz by 32-17 in the first quarter and they never looked back with the game locked up before the end of the third quarter.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have won each of their last nine home games on the second leg of a back-to-back against the Mavericks.
- The Lakers have covered the spread in each of their last six games on the second leg of a back-to-back against the Mavericks.
- Eight of the last nine games between the Mavericks and Lakers at Crypto.com Arena have gone UNDER the total points line.
The Mavericks are keeping eyes on Seth Curry who is questionable for this one, while the Lakers are still missing Gabe Vincent and Cam Reddish. The Mavericks could really do with a statement win to get their season back on track, but the Lakers are playing some good basketball at the moment and they were able to rest their starters early in last night’s dominant win. I can see why the Mavericks are favored on the road as they haven’t played since Sunday, but I’m sticking with the Lakers to maintain their momentum with a win and cover at home.